So often when you mention revival, people immediately think of the needs of our beloved country.
Indeed the needs of our country are great. The list is extremely long but just a few of the items are:
- Rampant Immorality (adultery, pornography, sex outside of marriage, homosexuality)
- Drug problems
- Violence and Crime problems
- Fiscal irresponsibility: Federal Government debt of 17 trillion and unfunded liabilities of tens of trillions. States and Cities are also in trouble.
- Over 54 million babies killed by abortion since Roe v. Wade.
- Our Freedoms being taken away or nullified through regulation.
- Abandoning Truth for a Lie in basically every sector of our society.
We believe Jesus Christ is even more concerned about the state of Christians and Churches in this country. Here is just a few items that must be very troubling to Him.
- All the immorality problems in society are also IN His Church.
- Divorce rates are nearly as great inside His Church as outside the Church.
- 60 to 70% of Young People growing up in Evangelical Churches will not darken a Church’s door once they leave for college.
- 50% of Pastors would leave the ministry today if they could find another job (The Shepherds want to leave the Sheep).
- It’s a Sheep eat Sheep world out there. We lack the love for one another as modeled by Jesus. See John 13:35 & I John 3:16&17.
- The average Christian only gives 2.5% of their income to God. We don’t want to be legalistic but we have been blessed by God and are perhaps the richest country in the history of the world. Is God pleased by this anemic level of tithing?
- We lament that prayer has been taken out of schools and is being removed from the public sphere but frankly we have taken prayer out of Church. Many Churches don’t even have a weekly prayer meeting anymore, and many of the ones who still do, the attendance is just a few people.
But God promises in II Chronicles 7:14, “if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
We believe if we pray for one another, the Spirit of God can turn the hearts of all our brothers and sisters in Christ towards Him and take the steps in the first part of the above verse. Do we love one another enough that we will pray for each other? Every Believer faces a Spiritual Battle every day. Will they choose to follow Christ in every decision. Your prayers will help each Believer to make the right choices!